This course introduces to a broad overview of the primary functions of business, such as management, accounting, finance, marketing, organization, and operations. Topics include current business trends, entrepreneurship, competition in global markets, ethical behavior and social responsibility.
At the conclusion of this course, students will have a better understanding of how a business operates in our modern environment. Specifically, students will:
- Understand the basic forms of business ownership.
- Develop a basic understanding of the free enterprise system and other types of economic systems.
- Understand how business ethics apply to customers and other stakeholders in the business environment.
- Understand how a company utilizes human resource management to recruit, train, and retain employees.
- Gain a basic understanding of international business and the complexities of operating in a global environment.
- Develop an understanding of the marketing concept and the various elements of the marketing mix.
- Understand a basic concepts of accounting and the analysis of financial statements.
- Learn how to start a business.